Friday, August 8, 2008

ashley goes to college

Here's little Ashley in her new dorm room. It's a pretty nice setup really. There are 6 individual bedrooms with shared kitchen, living area, 2.5 baths and laundry room. She was pretty excited about her new UK sheets, bedspread and towel set. Her whole room is UK stuff. Well, she has a small Union banner and a Union bulldog stuffed animal. but other than that, it's UK all the way. She shares the room with 2 friends/teammates and 3 other girls who are on the tennis team, I think.

She was only home for 1.5 days between working at a summer sports camp in Vermont and then heading back to school for pre-season training. It's like 20 days of intense workouts before school even starts. Makes me sad that's all the Ashy I get for the summer...

Crystal went with us and was a big help carrying stuff. Her *special* college skills came in handy too- helping figure out how to rearrange Ashley's room and taping down Ash's TV cable with duct tape. Sam bought us a nice lunch at the Mexican restaurant in Bville. My veggie quesadilla was just super! and it was nice to have a little family time, even if it was without Zach...



The dorm/apartment that Ash is living in is pretty cool. Crystal was jealous of the room. I was jealous of the scenery. No, not the hot hard-bodied college boys, but the nice grassy area and the lake. I could just imagine all my friends from college here... Pants in the tree. B in his canoe in the lake with a fishing pole out. Red driving his truck to the edge of the water and wading in. Anytime we take one of the kids to school, I have dreams for days about college. what a great time in my life. I hope it is for them too.

2 comments:

Mary Carole said...

Don't we always dream of college, high school, anything where we didn't have a lot of responsibilities. Ashley certainly does have a nice setup! Can I come and visit? LOLOLOL!

Mrs.B said...

Yeah, you have a blog!...I am so addicted to mine and I LOVE to read others from this area...

Your first entry was great.


:o)